Sights and attractions in our region
Our region with its pleasant, equable climate is a well-known holiday paradise. Besides the beautiful Lake Constance and the nearby mountains, our area has quite some attractions to offer.
- Ravensburger Spieleland, a leisure park
- The historic old town of Ravensburg
- The basilica at Weingarten
- The pilgrimage church at Birnau
- Zeppelin Museum and Dornier Museum of aviation and aerospace at Friedrichshafen
- Hops Museum at Tettnang
- Mainau Flower Island
- Reichenau, island of vegetable growing
- Lindau Island
- Meersburg palace and castle
- Stone Age lakeside pile dwellings and reptile house at Unteruhldingen
- Wildlife and leisure park at Allensbach
- SEA LIFE centre at Konstanz
- Salem castle and Affenberg (Ape Mountain), the woodland park for macaques
- Historic old town of Wangen im Allgäu
- Mount Pfänder (with Adlerwarte (ornithological station for eagles))
- Bregenz Festivals
- Mount Säntis with Säntis cable-car
- Heiligenberg castle
- The Rhine Falls at Schaffhausen
- The Wolfegg Farmhouse Museum
Tips from our guests
- The weekly market in Markdorf
- Observation tower and inn on Mount Gehrenberg
- A fisherman’s paradise at Lellwangen
- Haustierhof Reutemühle, a show farm of domestic animals
- Höhengasthaus Haldenhof, an inn towering high above the village of Sipplingen
For all those who are fond of sports
Hiking: There are numerous hiking trails around Oberteuringen, such as the nature trail in Deggenhauser Tal (valley), the Apfelweg (apple trail) in Kippenhausen-Immenstaad, the hops trail in Tettnang and plenty of Lake Constance circular hiking trails, of course. You can get hiking maps and further information from the Oberteuringen tourism office or from us.
Cycling: Set off from our guest house by bike. The idyllic Lake Constance cycle paths offering a magnificent view of the lake and the Alps take you through picturesque villages with numerous opportunities to stop for a snack at one of the restaurants along your route. You can get special maps for bicycle tours and information from the Oberteuringen tourism office or from us.
Swimming and bathing: There are plenty of lidos and open-air swimming facilities along the lake as well as a variety of natural lakes for bathing in the hinterland. There are thermal swimming pools in Meersburg, Überlingen, Konstanz and Aulendorf and indoor swimming pools are located in Friedrichshafen and Lindau amongst other places.
Canoeing / boat trips: You can also explore Lake Constance very well on water. Whether you take the excursion boat, a pedalo, a sailing boat, an electric motorboat or a canoe – it is always an adventure. We can also recommend canoeing tours through the picturesque valley of River Danube with its romantic gorges.
Climbing: ‘Abenteuer-Park’ (adventure park) is Germany’s largest natural high-rope course and is located at Immenstaad. It is ideally suited to both beginners and advanced climbers. Anybody who is keen to show their prowess on a climbing wall can expend their energy in the ‘DAV Kletterhalle’ (climbing hall) in Friedrichshafen.